Progressive® Insurance Norwalk Boat Show® presented by Discover Boating
Docks September 22-25, 2022, at Norwalk Cove Marina
WHAT: The 2022 Progressive® Insurance Norwalk Boat Show®, presented by Discover Boating, returns to Norwalk Cove Marina September 22-25, 2022, providing more boats and more on-the-water activities for all ages. The annual boat show provides four days of fun on the Long Island Sound, hosting the largest selection of new boats from leading brands in the area, plus boating lessons, free boat rides, and a variety of new activities this year for nautical novices and seasoned sailors.
· More boats, more brands, more fun – See & shop the most comprehensive selection of boat brands and types in the tri-state area this fall, from offshore fishing boats to family cruisers. The boat show is the perfect opportunity to browse, compare and place orders for your first or next boat, plus gear up on the newest boating accessories, marine electronics, and on-the-water must-haves from the best brands in the business.
· NEW! Twiggy the Waterskiing Squirrel – The world’s most famous watersports-loving squirrel is coming to the Norwalk Boat Show! Twiggy will amaze and entertain as she waterskies behind a radio-controlled boat in her very own pool.
· NEW! Bridgeport Islanders Youth Street Hockey Clinic (Saturday & Sunday only, Noon–1pm) – Learn how to play Street Hockey with the Bridgeport Islanders – the official AHL affiliate of the New York Islanders. Open to kids ages 5-10 with first-come, first-served registration onsite at the show. Plus, Meet Storm – the team mascot! Storm will be on hand to join in the fun and take pictures with fans after the clinic each day.
· Fish with the pros from Goose Hummock, the Northeast’s leading saltwater fishing experts and outfitters, with on-the-water saltwater fishing demos.
· Free paddle sports demos & free boat rides, plus boating lessons, and hands-on education for all skill levels at Try It Cove.
· Kids’ fun including Touch Tanks with live tidepool creatures; paddle boating in a mini pool, toy boat-building workshops and more.
· Relax waterside with a cool beverage, live music, and seaside views at the Water Club Lounge, sponsored by Montauk Distilling.
· Sheffield Island Lighthouse Boat Tour – Enjoy a boat ride out to historic Green’s Ledge Lighthouse on Sheffield Island. During the trip, you’ll hear about local history and folklore, including the origins of the local oyster industry and the maritime heritage of Long Island Sound. Presented by the Norwalk Seaport Association with daily, one-hour trips at 11am, 1pm, 3pm, 5pm.
· Conservation Village – The Norwalk Boat Show is helping to keep our waters clean through the Conservation Village and its partners, featuring The Clean Earth Project interactive exhibit; Norwalk Says No to Plastic Contest for local elementary and middle schools; displays from environment and conservation agencies; and more.
WHEN: Thursday, September 22 – Sunday, September 25, 2022 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m., Thursday-Saturday; 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Sunday
WHERE: Norwalk Cove Marina, 48 Calf Pasture Beach Road, East Norwalk, CT
TICKETS: Online tickets are $16 for adults; tickets purchased on site are $18 for adults; children 12 and under always get in FREE when accompanied by a paid adult. On Thursday, September 22, the boat show salutes our heroes – all active/veteran/retired military, first responders, health care professionals, and USCG & USCGA members get in FREE with valid association and photo ID at Will Call.
FREE PARKING for all attendees at Calf Pasture Beach
INFO: For more information, visit BoatShowNorwalk.com. Plus follow the latest and join in the excitement of the Show on Facebook and Instagram. #NorwalkBoatShow
MEDIA CONTACT: Amanda Brokaw (firstname.lastname@example.org or 917-238-0204)