Right when you walk through the doors you are hit with the aroma of freshly baked cookies. They display a fun and inviting atmosphere with their decorations and staff. On top of cookies, they also have coffee and the cutest merchandise that you can purchase! Throughout my visit, the staff was constantly putting freshly baked cookies on display so you’ll have a fresh cookie in every box! Be sure to check out Chip City’s social media to see what flavors they have that week as they change every Friday.
For this week’s selection, we got to try their cookie butter cookie, pb&j cookie, cookies and cream, chocolate chip, chocolate cupcake, and wild berry strudel cookie!
Chip City is inclusive to all as they offer dairy free options which is a sweet victory for those with dietary preferences. They also have the option to add a scoop of ice cream on your cookie! My recommendation is the classic chocolate chip with vanilla ice cream, the perfect combo.
Keep on the lookout for new locations opening up near you!
Q & A with Xaiver at the Fairfield location:
How many locations are there?
- We currently have 22 locations, Fairfield being one of our newest!
What is your target audience?
- We want to target everyone, but we see mainly kids come through the door.
What’s your favorite cookie?
- The brookie for sure! A perfect mix between a brownie and cookie.
How often do the cookie flavors change?
- We change the flavors every Friday, with chocolate chips staying the same. We also try to have cookies based on the seasons, so you’ll see a lot of pumpkin and apple flavors coming soon!
What differentiates Chip City between other cookie companies?
- I would say what makes us unique is we offer many dairy free options that you wouldn’t typically see at bigger chains. We also offer the option to put a scoop of ice cream on the cookies (chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, etc).
About Chip City Cookies:
Born in Astoria, Queens in July 2017, Chip City began as a hobby between two childhood friends as they sought to recreate the simple taste of their childhood. What began as a fun challenge to see who could create the best cookie turned into the Chip City we know and love today.