~The Intern Series~
Whether it’s a sunny Friday afternoon, a Saturday morning after a night out, or a gloomy Sunday, Old Post Market needs to be a place you visit! From breakfast sandwiches, to salads and wraps this market hits every palate. Enjoy your meal by taking it outside to their tables or even to the beach which is just a quick walk away! The market also has grocery essentials that can save you a trip to the store.
Old Post Market is the sister business of Old Post Tavern and is relatively new to Fairfield! It is open from 8:00am-5:00 pm daily!
We tried three of their famous tater tot bowls that are guaranteed to cure a hangover. Especially needed after a night at the Sea Grape!
First up, we tried the Stag Bowl. The bowl includes tater tots, 2 fried eggs, pulled pork, cheese sauce, and scallions. This one was hands down my favorite and will be in my rotation for Saturday morning meals 🙂
Next we tried the Buffalo Bowl. This bowl has tater tots, 2 fried eggs, crumbled bleu cheese, buffalo sauce and scallions. This has the perfect amount of buffalo sauce and is very well balanced by the bleu cheese.
Finally we tried the Avocado Bowl. This bowl has tater tots (duh), 2 fried eggs, pico de gallo, queso, avocado, scallions and crumbled bacon. I loved this bowl maninly because of its freshness, sometimes you need a little veggie!
Overall I loved Old Post Market and will definitely be returning again!! This is in a great location as there isnt many businesses down by the beach area. Perfect for grabbing a quick breakfast and coffee before class or work when your running late! If this place isnt already on your list to try you must add it now! Located right across the Sea Grape in Fairfield and a quick drive from the beach.
Down below is a Q&A with manager Ava!
What is the background of the Old Post Market?
- The Market stemmed off from Old Post Tavern in Fairfield. The tavern, with owner Patrick Tennaro, is a very family oriented establishment where everyone pretty much knows everyone. The team at the tavern wanted to create a spin off for people who live by the beach as students are located here as well.
What is the target audience for the Old Post Market?
- Definitely students! And of course the local families by the beach and the Fairfield community.
What makes your market unique compared to others in the area?
- People always come in and say they’ve never seen anything like this here and this is exactly what we needed! Also the convenient aspect of the market by having toiletries, groceries, and the deli makes us more unique than others.
Do you have any collaborations with any local businesses?
- We definitely will get there! Its mainly just our collaboration with Old Post Tavern at the moment but we are hoping to down the line.
What is your favorite thing on the menu?
- Hands down the rise and shine of breakfast sandwiches. This sandwich has 2 fried eggs, shaved rib-eye, melted American cheese, hash brown, drizzled with chipotle sauce, and on a brioche roll!
Are there any upcoming menu items that you want the readers to know about?
- Yes we are going to start doing pizzas in October! (stay tuned for that!!)
Ava also mentioned that she considers herself a picky eater, and everything she has tried on the menu she absolutely LOVES!
About Old Post Market: Discover the Best Breakfast and Lunch Spot in Fairfield, CT, with a Quaint Marketplace for the Beach Community